Good Shepherd Catholic Parish comprises over 800 family units with two church sites and a school. In 2012, Saint Joseph Parish and Saint James Parish were merged to become Good Shepherd Parish. Saint Joseph Parish first began in 1916 on Park Street near Regent in the old Greenbush neighborhood - a neighborhood with a strong Italian Catholic heritage. Saint James Parish began in 1904 at its current site in order to accommodate the growing German Catholic population of Madison. Today, in addition to those two former congregations, Good Shepherd also has a large Spanish-speaking community which meets at the Saint Joseph site. Our Saint James School is the oldest private or parochial school in Madison and was established in 1905. We are blessed to have a three- and four-year-old program as well as kindergarten through eighth grade. Come! Join us at one of our liturgies and special events.